Friday, March 21, 2008

I finally did it!

Today Chris had off from work because of Good Friday, and we went skiing! It was my first time and I was so excited! I had the best teacher....Yep, my husband! On the way up to Sundance I worried that we may not even be talking by the end of the day with the typical spouse teaching spouse scenario, but he was so patient with me and a GREAT teacher! I have to admit within the first 15 minutes of hitting the slopes I wondered if I could ever really be a skier since it seemed like I was on the ground the whole time! And then I got up and finally started putting together all the things Chris was teaching me....like how to get up when you fall, and snow plowing! The first time going down took about and hour and I cannot even tell you how many times I fell. For those of you who have been there and are great skiers I am sure that you are now laughing at the amount of time it took to get down. The second time around though, I only fell three times and even got my speed up! We went down a total of 4 times and I have to admit I LOVED IT! Chris and I have talked about it in the past, but I really want to be able to go skiing when my kids are learning and so yesterday he came home and said tomorrow is the big day! I am so happy that he took the time to teach me and look forward to going again sometime. The great thing about today was the weather was perfect! It was a nice sunny day and I could not have asked for a better day for learning. I still have a long way to go, but I have to admit I was pretty excited with what I accomplished today! The best part of the day was when a 5 year old skied up next to me and asked if I was ok.
PS- Can I just say that muscles in my hips that have never been used, were used today while snow plowing...I am not kidding. I need to get past that stage!
Chris and I going up the lift....This is the second time and as you can see I am still smiling!
Me at the top. So pretty up there!

Ok so here is a little video of me. This is my second time down the hill, and I had not fallen yet and as soon as Chris starts taping me of course I fall. (I was trying to avoid hitting him and the snow plow just was not working for me) Hey I only fell three times this time down, so I was still pretty excited!

10 comments:

Jeff & Melissa said...

A much better experience than my first time... I refuse to ever go again!

Unknown said...

Maybe one time in my life I will try this HuMMMMMMM not I am glad you had a good time,,,, Give Chase a great big Kiss from his grandmoma

nalani said...

Jen I'm so proud of you and so jealous---that makes me want to go skiing so bad. I'm going to call my doctor and see how long I have to wait --maybe I can get one good day in this season.

Opp Family said...

Jen, you did fabulous! I'm glad you tried it, I started at Ricks and I absolutely love skiing!

Jeanette said...

I am proud of you. Skiing isn't the easiest thing to pick up. It is fun once you have done it. I am not that good at all but i have fun going.

Chari said...

Good job Jen! I am so proud of you, you have inspired me to want to try skiing again, maybe we can go together :)

Cameron Family said...

Nalani and Char! I would love to go with you guys! I need the practice and it would be fun going with the girls! I don't think I could do what Nalani would do....You are an expert, but I could work on the same little hill that I was doing before!

Lani said...

That looks so fun. What a fun day for you and Chris!

Carolyn Cameron said...

WAY TO GO!!!! So proud of you!...As you know...I've been skiing too...ONCE in my lifetime and I'm sure that's it for me!! i love to see you and Chris together having fun! it won't be long before sweet baby Chase is showing you up.

Ben and Sherrie said...

Good job Jen, Ben wants to teach me how to ski so maybe I will let him soon. It looked like a ton of fun!