Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Giant of a Man!


“The time has come for us to stand a little taller, to lift our eyes and stretch our minds to a greater comprehension and understanding of the grand millennial mission of this, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Today as I watched the services of President Hinkley, I reflected on the many things that I learned from him. I hope that I can be just a litte of the person that he was, and walk a little taller in the things that I believe. President Monson said it best today when he said, "He was a Giant of a Man...A giant of knowledge, faith, testimoney, and of vision...." What an example he was to us all. Small in stature, but a giant in his beliefs. It was said that he was the "People' Prophet". So true, he belonged to the people and to the churh and sacrificed so much. I am so glad that I was blessed in my lifetime to be taught by his example. His love for his wife was amazing and what a sweet reunion it must have been. I will never forget the words that he stated at her passing when he said, "The girl I once fell in love with, has once again become the girls of my dreams." What a sweet love they had and I am happy that he is with her again, and in the presence of so many who have passed before him. I will forever be grateful to him and will never forget his great example.
"God be with you till we meet again!"


1 comment:

Shelley said...

Your post made me all teary! :( I didn't remember he said that about his wife,....too cute. What an amazing example he has been to all of us. Thanks for posting! :)