Sunday, December 7, 2008

Today was the BIG day!

Today was the day that I think most parents secretly hope for that sit with there kids 3 hours during church meetings! Yep....if you haven't guessed it is a little thing that I like to call NURSERY! Tomorrow Chase turns 18 months old so he was able to go to nursery for the first time today. I have to admit I had tons of emotions while taking him. I was excited, and nervous, and sad at the thought that my little boy was growing up! Well Chris and I headed to nursery....we have 73 kids that attend nursery in our ward so we went to 3 before we found the one that Chase would be going too. As soon as we got to the door a big grin came over his little face and he immediately wanted down. I was so excited that he was so excited to go in and that he did not have anxiety or was nervous. I always knew that he was a social little guy, but he never looked back! I watched for about 10 minutes before walking away and was just so happy that he was there and loving it! I have to admit I went back 3 times to check in on him and loved the excitement that I saw on his face every time. When I went to pick him I called his name 3 times before he was distracted from bubble time, and came. Once he saw me he started pointing to everything showing me what they had done. It was so cute, because I picked him and told him to say Bye to everyone. This cute little boy came up and said, "Bye, Bye Chase...."
So cute....he made friends!
Anyway....It is so crazy just how fast they really grow up! I guess that is why you just have to take it all in while you can.

I just love this boy and he is growing up way to fast!

8 comments:

Jeff & Melissa said...

Im glad he loved it... Im sure he will soon be the most popular cat in nursery!!

Robin D said...

73 kids...that's craziness! That's awesome he didn't have a problem adjusting. And aren't peep holes the best! He's such a cute little guy.

The Morgan Family! said...

yeah 73 kids thats crazy!!its sad he's not a baby anymore !!he's growing up way to fast!

Chari said...

Awe! How good that he liked nursery. What a neat milestone in his little life :)

Unknown said...

Jen I know what your saying about growing up to fast, It was just yesterday you were 18 months old, oh fast time goes. Before you know it he will fall in love with and move away. Enjoy every minute of his young life. I miss you so very much it hurts. I am glad your such a good mom. Thank you for my little Chase........

Sara said...

Nursery is amazing! And they learn to hold their own pretty fast! I cannot believe he is old enough! Such a cute little guy!

Lani said...

I'm so jealous. Either Craig or I is in the hallway pretty much all of church now. Two more months until nursery for us. Congrats to you guys!

Opp Family said...

73 kids!!! HOLY COW!!! I work in our nursery (it is the easy way to get your child in early :) - I actually love it and so does Madeleine, but we only have 15 kids and several will be moving up at the first of the year. I'm so glad Chase did well for you, it really takes a load off your mind doesn't it?