Monday, August 11, 2008

YUMMO!

Well for those of you who hit the Paradise Cafe with me this past weekend you know that I found my new favorite! Sometimes I will get something and then never vear away in fear that I may not like what I get as much as the "regular", but I decided to get something different this time and fell in love with there Blue Cheese Craisen salad, all I can say is.....YUMMO! I loved it so much since that I have not been able to get it out of my mind, so I did what anyone would do...I began my Google search for what made it so great. What I found made it so good was the combination of the craisens, and the blue cheese, and what topped it off was the dressing. So I looked up a few things and this is what I found. I made it today and this is it! Of course everything taste better when someone else makes it for you, but this is dang close with the dressing. I found it in a blog called Prudence Pennywise and I recommend this blog! It is great she give ideas for meals on a budget and tells you how much you will spend. Hear you go! We are having it for dinner tonight so I will really tell you how it taste when it is all together since I kinda just pieced it together for a "Taste Test". Enjoy!
Bike Trip Pictures to Come Soon!

1 (6 ounce) bag baby mixed greens
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
2 ounces (1/2 cup) crumbled blue cheese
For the Dressing:
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper

Layer greens, cranberries, seeds and blue cheese in a medium bowl. In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, sugar, and mustard. Slowly add oil and mayonnaise, whisking until smooth. Add salt and pepper. Taste dressing with a leaf of lettuce and adjust sugar and vinegar to your liking. Pour over salad and toss to coat.

4 comments:

Terry said...

this does sound good!

Megan said...

That looks delicious. I will HAVE to try it for sure.

amy said...

That is the blog I was talking about the other night. She has tons of good/cheap recipes. Now I just need to find someone to make the recipes for me since I am on a strike from cooking these days!

tatum said...

i will have to try it, i am totally into salads right now, i am sorry we haven't seen each other for a while we need to change that