Friday, June 13, 2008

Oh my Heck!

We are getting a deck!

Ok, that line was pretty dang cheesy, but rhymed so well, I could not resist. Well were finally getting a deck! I can honestly say we are so excited. We were going to start working on the backyard a little more last year, but once Chase came it seemed or time and extra money for such an endeavor went out the door. Now we are just excited to get one so we can enjoy nice evenings on the porch and so Chase can start enjoying that yard. Chris and Marvin started working on it about 5 pm last night and finished up around 10. This is where we are so far! I will post more pics as they come!

This is where we started...Just a plain old metal landing!
Just getting under way!

Wow...Looking good!

A little more was competed, but this was the last shot I took before it got dark! Yep they were hard at work until 10 pm

This shot I just thought was cute of Boobers trying to figure out how to get back in the house.

9 comments:

Terry said...

Can't wait to see the finished pictures. You will love it and so will Chase! Have lots of fun this summer!

tatum said...

awesome, i can't believe you guys started that,big project, can't wait to see it.

Sara said...

We are so jealous! AndEsp of the deal!!! We are hoping to do one this summer, who knows! We will be walking again soon! Give me a month and I think I will be ready!

Harris Family said...

That is so fun! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Lani said...

Oh, that's going to be awesome! So big and nice. Bring on the backyard BBQ's!

amy said...

I am so excited for your deck. It was so nice to sit out there today. I think sitting on your deck is cooler than my house.

Jess Perry said...

I can't wait to see it all finished. How fun!!

steph said...

Next time we are in Utah I expect a gourmet BBQ on that deck!!

Shelley said...

How fun is that!? It looks awesome! Chris is all HandyMan!! Brad can't even hang a towel bar straight! I love him though! ;) ---I SO wish we lived close too. Brad and I are always talking about how much fun it would be to hang out with you guys more. You two are a lot like the two of us,..and you know how hard trying to find a couple BOTH the husband and wife "mesh with"! Who knows,..maybe someday! Actually Brad and I are thinking of going back to graduate school at BYU next year! Maybe it will be sooner than later! ---Ok, what the HECK is going on in the Coates family? Brad and I are OBVIOUSLY out of the loop! ;) Maybe I want to know,..maybe I don't. I almost called you, but then hesitated. Crazy Coates Family!