Sunday, January 20, 2008

My Super Saturday

Saturdays during the winter for me are never very much fun. I am not really into any winter sports, so coming up with things to do is always a little harder for me during these months. Chris on the other hand loves to snowmobile and ski so his Saturdays are pretty booked. With this in mind, Amy and I decided that we would fill our Saturdays with craft projects that we have been wanting to do. Before Chase was born I wanted to do his name with the scrapbook paper and block letters. Well the procrastinator I am it never got done and here were are 7 months down the road and it is still not completed. My advice to those having kids....if you want to get something done get it done before the kids come. We started the day by hitting some craft stores to find the supplies we would need to get our projects done. We then headed to Betos for a yummy California Carne Asada burrito, which I recommend it is my favorite! We we were going to eat inside, but while we were pulling in we saw the craziest thing...a guy walking into Betos with no shoes on. I don't know what was crazier about it, the fact the he has no shoes on in 20 degree weather, or the fact that he was walking into Beto's barefoot....Drive Thru it was! All in all in was a great day. The project turned out so cute and we only had a few issues, a little bubbling on the paper at first and then I cute my finger! Shocker! Here are some pics of our eventful day!


The Finished Product

13 comments:

Megan said...

That is so cute. I love the idea. You go girl.

amy said...

We did a great job! Now lets see how many months it takes to hang them up :)

Leah said...

way cute!

Traciannee said...

Darling project. I love the different paper styles on each letter.

Jeanette said...

I love it. It is so cute. Hey I have great ideas too that I want to do and don't get them done and I don't even have a kid to blame it on!!

Our Family News said...

I think his name turned out so cute.

Our Family News said...

I think his name turned out so cute.

nalani said...

So when do you want to help me do that for my baby???? They are so stinkin cute!!!!

Unknown said...

Great job Jen it is so cute maybe one day I will get mine done...Where are my weekley pic's I am having withdraws....

Opp Family said...

I totally know what you mean! It is so much harder to get the little projects done. You did a great job, it looks so cute!

Jeff & Melissa said...

Very Cute.... I'll have to think of something crafty to do and join you sometime.

Robin D said...

I love it! I'm so not crafty but I might could do that. Can you give me a brief explanation on what you did? PLEASE!!!

Ben and Sherrie said...

Very cute, I did something like that last year with the word Joy for Christmas and it did not turn out quite as cute. Good Job!