Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Family Pics.....Disaster?

Well last night we went and took family pictures. Wow! I never knew it would be so tough with a 1 year old...or maybe just my little one has no attention span. I honestly thought I had all my basis covered. I put him down for an earlier nap and even fed him lunch a little early so he would go down well for that nap and then we could run some afternoon errands. I headed down to Orem and everything was going perfectly.....The night before I had said to Chris that we needed to trim Chases hair because he had some crazy long stragglers. It really was not that big of a deal, but I thought we would just trim it up a little on the sides and keep the top long. Well it did not get done the night before so right after work Chris decided to work on it. All I can say it Chase pretty much got a buzz....oops! It would have been fine other than the fact that we were taking family pics that day and he is being Elvis for Halloween. Oh well... what could we do.
We headed to the place the photographer wanted us to meet and I don't think anyone was super happy with the location, but we took a few pics there and then headed to another spot. Chase was a handful to say the least. Being in a new place everything looked so enticing to him and getting him to sit at all was a trial to say the least. Thinking back on the whole thing I probably should have given him another snack and juice before we went, but oh well. The photographer said, it is so easy to take pics until they start walking and then they think they have to be on the go. Needless to say, Chris and I walked away with little confidence that a good pic was even taken. I guess we will see the results when they come back, but in the future with a 1 year old I will have to be very creative....and give them a snack! I did think about it on the way to the other location, but it did not take too long to get there and all he wanted was the food when we got there and was unhappy when I took it away. I really think his grumpiness had a lot to do with my forgetfullness. :)
Well stay tuned....You may or may not see family pics posted on here in a week or so.

9 comments:

Traciannee said...

I guess it is the season for Family pictures. We have ours planned for this Saturday.
I am sure you got a few darling ones in there.
Have a Happy Halloween!

Chari said...

Oh bummer! I bet they will turn out better than you think. I'm still excited to see them :)

Sara said...

So hard with kids! But I am sure you will be shocked when you see all the good ones... I think the ones that show thier personality are the best ones anyways! I am excited to see them! You better post whether they are good or not!! Hey, we need to be outside while the weather is nice! You guys are more tha n welsome to come over and do some sidewalk chalk! I know sounds like a ball!

Robin D said...

I know your pain! I'm getting all excited picking out Kalli and Kaiden's outfits to wear but in reality the actual taking of the pictures will be a nightmare. So enjoy only trying to get 1 child to smile while you can!

Celeste said...

I Know exactly what your saying. I still have to bribe mine for family pics. :)

Harris Family said...

Thanks for the advice! We need to get ours done ASAP and I have been worried about how it will go. I bet you got some great pictures though...how could you not with Chase's cute face - smiling or not!

Megan said...

It is so hard to do pictures! We didn't do a professional family pic till Adelaide was 2 and 1/2 and it was still hard. Kids just do what they wanna do!

Shelley said...

I feelin' ya here Jen! I am waiting for our "disaster" family pictures too. I am praying for ONE decent picture that we can send out for Christmas cards. I wanted to cry after our session. One year olds are tough!!! --I'll pray for a few good ones of you guys if you pray for a few good ones of us! ;)I'm sure they turned out great. I'm excited to see them!

Opp Family said...

Well hopefully the pictures will magically turn out alright - I know it is hard for me to get decent pictures with Madeleine :)