Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yah right Mom and Dad....Like that is going to keep me out!

So Chris and I decided to finally get the child safety locks on the cabinets. We had put the plug things in the outlets and of course we have let him play in the cabinets a little, but wanted to make sure that he was no longer tempted by the bathroom cabinets and the cabinet under the sink in the kitchen. So last night we headed to Lowes and put them up. Of course right after we did it Chase went right to the cabinet under the sink and tried to open it. When it did not open Chris and I both chuckled and walked off. Well....this morning Chase and I were in the bathroom and he went to get in the cabinet. First try...no luck. Then he began to stare at it a little harder and before I knew it the little rascal opened it right up and then he chuckled and then I felt as if he almost gave me the look of, "Yah right, like that is going to keep me out!" What a stinker! Chris is going to work on making the a little more Chase proof more than what Safety First came up with. I think he can make them shorter or something. We will see....
So much for the safety locks for now!
Looks like I will just have to keep my eagle eye on him for now!

10 comments:

Our Family News said...

Seth did the same thing at a year old. It might just be a boy thing. We finally had to move all the cleaners really high to keep him safe.

tatum said...

too funny, you should send that video to the company of the child lock people.

One proud Mommie said...

Ha ha Love it. I walked in on Cameron doing the same thing. He then proceeded to take the thing appart. LIL stinkers. Too smart for their own good. Us moms should get together and make safety locks for "the toddlers of the twenty first century." BTW he looks just like you. Such a Coates face. I hear yall are coming down in October? I'm sooo excited, hopefully we can squeeze in some lunch. :)

Meridith O. said...

That is pretty dang funny. I think every kid figures those things out....we need to invent some real child locks made from mom's with actual experience! Love Chase, he is so cute! Oh BTW--I love your Hawaii pics! I miss it so much....next time we should go together!

Meridith O. said...

That is pretty dang funny. I think every kid figures those things out....we need to invent some real child locks made from mom's with actual experience! Love Chase, he is so cute! Oh BTW--I love your Hawaii pics! I miss it so much....next time we should go together!

Lani said...

Maybe that's your Million Dollar Mommie idea that you need to come up with. Child locks that really work. Let's put our heads together and get workin' on it. Cute video!

Julie G. said...

Jack did the same thing. We finally found some locks that have a magnet key to unlock them. They work great! Let me know if you need to know where to get them and I will ask Ben. Fun times.

Cameron Family said...

Dang it...I was just coming up with my mommy million dollar idea. Yeah Julie I want to get those for sure. I thought I had got the same ones that you did. So I will have to find out what they are!

Sara said...

HA! That's hilarious!

Shelley said...

Funny boy! Is that Chases FAVORITE place to play? It's Noah's and it drives me CRAZY!!! It's like the most NASTY DIRTY place in the whole house. {INSERT GAG FACE!}