Sunday, February 14, 2010

Our Valentines Weekend!


We had such a great weekend! I have to admit that Valentines is not one of my favorite holidays. Maybe it started as a young girl just hoping that I would get the Valentine that I had hoped for, or the simple anxiety of just knowing that I would not be getting anything, while watching everyone around me bring home chocolates, flowers, and jewelry. I admit that having a hubby had made it more fun, but having kids has brought it to a whole new level! We spent a lot of our weekend relaxing together as a family and watching the Olympics. Chase is now SO excited for our ski weekend in March and keeps saying, "I will be Super Fast" We will see once we get him on the snow in his skis.

BOYS AND THERE TRUCKS
On Friday Chris and Chase headed to Monster Jam. Chase was SO excited! He has a few monster trucks that he is always playing with at the house and has seen them on the T.V, so knowing that he was having a fun night with his Dad, Ted, and Adam with MONSTER TRUCKS was almost more excitement then he could stand. The boys got there ear plugs some McDonalds, and then headed to the big show. Chase had a great time and has not stopped talking about it since he has been home. HE has pulled out the camera numerous times just to show me the pics, and video over and over again! What can I say....this boys LOVES trucks!
VALENTINES
I wanted to try to make Valentines last all weekend long....You know, share the love. :) On Friday we headed up to the Veterans Home to have a Valentines Lunch with Grandpa Vic. They always have such a great lunch and we had a great time. Chase helped feed Grandpa, and walked and talked to all the other residents. He is always pure entertainment when we take him there. When we got home Chase and I decorated the house for Chris with little love notes, and balloons. All the way home, Chase kept saying, "Daddy is SO going to love this!" On Friday night I headed to my friend Tatums house and we made cupcakes for my little guys! Chase was so excited when he got home, and woke up at 6am on Saturday morning and came into my bedroom letting me know he had taken care of breakfast! Yep, a 6am cupcake! We spent the day together, and then Chris and I headed for a night out on the town....Roses, Movie, and Steak and all you can eat crab legs! What more could a girl ask for! It was a prefect date night and we had so much sun spending time just together and hanging out! Sunday Morning we had breakfast, church and then I made my boy and Grami Cami a candle light dinner! It was a great day and weekend, and now we are just sitting here enjoying more olympics!
My little Valentines!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

How great it is that you make this such a special day. I am thankful for valetine. I love you all so very much and miss you with all my heart....

Chelsey said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! I love the last two pictures for your boys. Oh and the cupcakes are very cute!

The Morgan Family! said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time!!love ya!!

tatum said...

ha ha...that's funny that chase ate those cupcakes so early! i'm glad they like them so much. question.....where are you taking chase skiing? i wanted to take cole this year but was thinking he may be too small....r u putting him in a class? let me know. it was good to see you. xoxoxoxo

Traciannee said...

Cute pictures and fun decorations. Glad you had a Happy Valentine's day!

Robin D said...

What a fun Valentine's you had with the kiddos. And I'd eat those cupcakes that early in the morning too they look delicious!

Megan said...

Those cupcakes look delicious!

Opp Family said...

Jen, I just ran across your pics on Mindy Young's Photography Blog (that I shamelessly stalk!!!). I was scrolling through when I thought, that looks like Jen's little boy (Chase), sure enough!!! They are so amazing and that baby Grant has the cutest rolls EVER!

amy + jeff said...

I haven't checked your blog i a while, and looking at your boys, I can't believe how big they have gotten, and cute. It sounds like Chase keeps you laughing.

And Mexico without the boys....I am so jealous. It looked fabulous.