Sunday, July 20, 2008

Just a few stories! :)

As a mom, everyone thinks there kids just do the cutest things. It is crazy to see them grow and learn new things. These little light bulbs are going off in there little heads constantly and you love to see it. I can honeslty say that I have loved this stage and just watching all the cute little things that Chase does. He turned 13 months old this past month so I thought I would share some of those fun moments with you all. I will only share a few, but if I don't write them down I will forget. (You all know how bad my memory is is is just silly that I cannot remember things.)

Chase has really come to love the dog, I can't say that Boobers feels that same way, but Chase gets so exited when he sees him. A few weeks ago, Boobers came in from outside and I looked over and Chase is clicking his tounge and patting the ground for him to come over. The dog did not listen, but watching the little guy do it made me laugh.
Just today after changing his diaper I ran to go and look at the rolls in the oven, when I looked over there was Chase taking his diaper that I had left to the garbage can. He opened the trash can, and threw it in. I was so proud and so shocked that he was cleaning up after his Mommy. I could learn a few things from him it seems and it was just so cute to see that he knew exactly what to do with that diaper.
I don't want to bore you with TONS, but I have to share the one that pulled at my Mommy heart strings the most. I was getting him ready for bed, and we were singing a few songs. Well I said prayer and folded my arms. Chase has never folded his arms before during prayer and typically just looks at me and smiles.....I may have peeked a time or two. After the prayer I said, Amen. This is one that we have been working on . Well I finished and unfolded my arms, and then he took my arms and folded them again. He then proceeded to fold his arms, and started blabbering away. I unfolded my arms and laughed and he then folded him again. It seems I may have interuppted his little prayer. I sat there again, so proud of what he had just done and it dawned on me once again that this little guy watches everything I do, and is picking up everything I am doing every day....even if I think he is not watching. It is crazy to think that I have been entrusted to teach him the right things and I can only hope that I can be the best Mommy out there. (Which means I should probably work on my road rage.) I tried to make these stories short and sweet, but I really am so lucky to have this guy in my life. He may be watching me everyday and picking up things, but I have learned more from him in this past 13 months then I ever thought I would. I have to say that I am the lucky one! Here are just a few pics from this past month. :) Enjoy!

Chase crawled under the bed to get a pen and then got stuck! He was screaming and crying to get out, but Chris and I could just not help, but laugh.

Chris giving Chase a wheelbarrow ride. Don't know how much Chase liked it.

Chase loves dirt! Right after this pic he fell down the deck stairs. OUCH! He is all boy!

8 comments:

Jeanette said...

Those are great stories. He is a cute little kid. It was fun to see you all the other night.

Terry said...

I love your stories about Chase. He's getting so big and taking everything in that goes on around him. Keep the stories and pictures coming.

Rachel and Kelly said...

Cute stories. Chase is such a fun little guy.

amy said...

I love the story of Chase copying you on saying prayers. With how willing Chase is to do chores I would be taking advantage! That can all change at any time. Then you have to bribe them with money and treats to get them to dust :) Chase is such a smart and cute kid!

Sara said...

So cute! I love the prayer story! Isn't it shocking how much they watch you!! Wait till they swear... it's endearing! Now that makes you feel like an awesome mother!!

One proud Mommie said...

Isn't motherhood great! He'll continue to amaze you everyday, I know mine does. He also like Chase, likes to throw away his dirty napies, although I have also caught him removing them a couple of times too. Good thing I always double bag them in scented baggies LOL. Take care Jen when are yall comming to Fl next.

Shelley said...

How sweet are those stories!? They are at the funnest age right now (but then again I say that about every stage). Love the prayer story. We are excited to see you this week! -Toot Toot! :)

Opp Family said...

I love the story about the prayers - Madeleine's getting good at folding her arms and blurting what we think is amen at the end - I know, you have to love it!